The exclusive Bone System “Press Fitting” dual seal connection is the result of 25 years of scientific research and is covered by international patents; this is the most effective way of taking care of your patients’ health.
- Three elements: fixture, transmucosal collar and titanium abutment, connected by a dual seal, mechanical and chemical.
- Free from micro-movements and bacterial infiltration, due to elimination of the abutment retaining screw.
This connection forms an effective barrier against mechanical and biological complications that can lead to the onset of peri-implantitis, blocking external aggressors, such as immune activators, and creating a defensive network that prevents bacteria from reaching internal parts. This reduces risk factors for implant survival and for the patient’s general health.
This is Bone System’s characterizing element and consists of an extension of the implant through the thickness of the gum, acting as a barrier against bacterial infections. After the soft tissue has healed, it is inserted permanently into the fixture with the “Press Fitting” system, allowing the emergence to be customized according to gum thickness and to the size of the tooth to be restored.
In most implant systems, the fixture and abutment are connected in two ways:
- screw-in system, which is subject to loosening and fracturing of the screws, and is permeable to the leakage of bacteria into the internal cavity of the implant;
- conometric system, which although not immune to mechanical complications, undoubtedly offers greater mechanical stability, but is more problematic at prosthetic level, and is also permeable to the leakage of bacteria.
The Press Fitting dual seal connection is exclusive to Bone System, and associates total stability of forced connection with hermetic seal, achieved by cementing the abutment outside the peri-implant tissue. The dual seal forms an important barrier against bacterial penetration. On the contrary, in screw retained connections, over time, the leakage of bacteria has proven to lead to the onset of peri-implantitis.
Time is money for us, and this is why our implant system has been designed to enable you to save it.
In the present:
- very simple procedures for insertion of the implant
- the choice of insertion using the submerged or transmucosal procedure, depending on imminent needs.
In the future:
- stability of the implant-abutment connection, which translates into absence of mechanical complications and, consequently, of follow-up operations.
- impermeability to bacteria, owing to the dual seal, mechanical and chemical, which prevents serious problems such as peri-implantitis.
- Good general health of the patient.
- Intact maxillary or mandibular bone, of high quality and with sufficient volume.
- Development of a precise and appropriate individualized treatment plan.
- Finally, the patient must be aware of the need to follow a very thorough daily oral hygiene routine.
- Alterations or abnormalities of the wound healing process.
- Disease of the tooth supporting tissue (periodontitis).
- Smoking (starting from 10 cigarettes a day, even less in some cases).
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Extensive bone defects.
- Grinding the teeth (bruxism).
- Some mental disorders.
- Intrinsic risk factors linked to the type of implant used.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the metabolism of the bone, characterized by a decrease in bone mass and change in bone architecture. However, the bone still retains its original ability to heal. In this case, a dental implant can integrate without causing any problems, as long as the necessary stability is achieved. For this reason, the mineral density of the available bone structure must be adequate; this can be easily checked through special 3D X-rays. Moreover, the dental surgeon must carefully select a type of dental implant that offers mechanical and biological reliability, to ensure a high level of implant osseointegration.
Our solutions ensure maximum freedom in choosing and customizing the prosthesis, with the utmost respect for the patient’s needs and facilitating the work of the prosthodontist.
- the prosthodontist can choose from Press-Fitting collars with different morphologies, made of natural titanium and coated with titanium nitrite.
- can make use of customizable made for optimal aesthetic effect and of the zirconia transmucosal collar for the most demanding situations.
- can choose from a wide range of permanent prosthetic solutions, from the single implant to immediate loading and with various prosthetic solutions, attached with the Easy on Four system. All the prosthetic solutions can be used on the same implant, allowing the prosthetic plan to evolve in time to address changes in the patient’s needs or in clinical requirements;
- can make use of prosthetic components in zirconia or treated with titanium nitride for aesthetically valid solutions, even in difficult clinical conditions;
- can perform all prosthetic phases above the gum line, with maximum respect for individual biological width.
No, because with the transmucosal collar it is possible to work outside the soft tissue, making excess cement very easy to remove and preventing it from penetrating under the gum.
Yes, this has been confirmed by tests that gave very high pull-out strength values.
Today, more than ever before, implant prostheses need to satisfy both functional and aesthetic needs.
A sturdy solid abutment post, made of titanium and which is not influenced by a retaining screw, can be completely customized by dental technicians, greatly facilitating their work.
Any misalignment can be easily resolved using just two components, with substantial reductions in inventory costs and making it very easy to provide customized products.
Extreme easy to obtain passive fit of the prosthesis, essential for the long term success and maintenance of implant restoration.
Our company and the solutions we offer derive from and exist through experimental and clinical research.
For many years we have worked in close contact with leading Italian and European university research centres.
We are convinced that all those who do not invest in research are closing the door on the future.
We strongly believe in scientific research and in the fundamental contribution it will bring to the evolution of implantology,
to patients’ healthcare and to the prevention of peri-implantitis.
In the field of medicine, training and updating are of fundamental importance and in this we will always remain at your side. Our courses will provide you with the opportunity to benefit from continuing theoretical and practical training on implantology, products and methods of use and, above all, topics that are particularly close to our hearts and that concern patients’ general health, such as the relation between peri-implantitis and systemic diseases. This is because, as well as being dentists, we are also doctors.
“Focus Group Implantology” is formed of professionals, researchers and academics with a high professional profile and who occupy international scientific positions, whose work is to understand and further explore the numerous aspects of implant and periodontal surgery.
The aim of “Focus Group Implantology” is to convey, in a manner that is scientifically based and easily understandable to both doctors and patients, information concerning the possibilities and limits of dental implants and the diseases related to them; this aim is pursued through information campaigns and suitable information tools.
To this end, all information provided must meet strict ethical and scientific criteria.
“Focus Group Implantology” will not be profit making, nor will it provide second opinions. The arbitration panel of the association of dental surgeons of the region involved or a legal consultant can be contacted for this purpose.